Fresh and Value-Added Items:
- Carrots 2#: Carrot Zucchini Muffins
- Potatoes 3#
- Celeriac: more ideas for using celery root
- Onions, 1.5#
- Fresh Spinach 3/4#
- Fresh Kraut, 1 pt…use within a week: ways to use kraut
- Eggs-1 dozen
- pickled beets 1/2 pint
- Pickles 10 oz
- Raspberry Jam 1 pt
- Vegetable Stock 1 Qt: water, onions, carrots, potatoes, celery, rosemary, sage, thyme, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- 2 quarts of soup (Potato Leek & Roasted Butternut), or your customized items
- Rhubarb 1 Qt: Rhubarb hand pies
- Zucchini 1 Qt: kid friendly Zucchini Tater Tots
- Hot Pepper Jelly 1/2 Pt: Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Spaghetti Sauce 1 Qt
- Pumpkin purée 1 pint (2cups): Pumpkin bread or muffins, Pumpkin Curry Stir Fry
This is our last winter CSA for the season and I’d have to say that it feels as if winter has already left. The unusually warm weather and rain has turned the grass green and the perennial gardens are starting to poke up through the mulch. I do worry about the budding on the fruit trees happening too early but hopefully they can squeak through and not be bitten by a freeze which can eliminate a fruit crop like we saw in 2012.
As we mentioned before, we will open the online winter CSA store up with a special sale on some remaining winter inventory. We would deliver those orders to town in 2 weeks: Wednesday, March 30th. I will send an email notice out when the store is open for this special sale.
A new item in the box this week is the frozen Hot Pepper Jelly. It is a great little spread to mix with cream cheese on bagels, crackers, or pretzels.
Thank you for your support this winter season and for inviting us to share your table with you through our foods we grow at Suncrest Gardens. We are honored to be your farmers!
Eat Well. Smile Often.